Since school year 1994, there have been 4,948,193 Angara scholars from all over the country. Through Angara's efforts to institutionalize educational assistance, there have been (to date) 22,292 DOST scholars, 1,293 CHED Scholars, 115 private Angara Scholars, 57 UP Asian Center Scholars, 4,924,293 Government Assistance to Students and Teachers in Private Education ( GASTPE) recipients, and 143 DA-Fulbright scholars.
Currently, there are 88 private Angara scholars -- mostly poor but promising students -- taking up various courses in schools like the University of the Philippines (Diliman, Los Banos and Manila), Centro Escolar University, Far Eastern University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Rizal Technological College, Wesleyan College of Cabanatuan, Philippine State College of Aeronautics, AMA Computer Learning Center, Araullo University, Cavite State Univerisity and Aurora State College of Science and Technology.
GENERAL CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY:
1. A Filipino Citizen residing in the Philippines.
2. Not more than 25 years old at the time of application.
3. Fourth Year High School weighted grade average of at least 85% with no final grade lower than 82% in any subject or graduated valedictorian or salutatorian.
4. Of good moral character.
5. Combined family income of Php 120,000.00 or less per year.
6. Must enroll in the fields of Education, Engineering, Math, Science, Tourism, Agriculture, Hotel & Restaurant Management in any of the following schools: University of the Philippines, Polytechnic University of the Philippines or any State Colleges or Universities in the Philippines.
7. Must comply with the documentary requirements and submit them on or before the deadline set by the Scholarship Committee.
8. Upon submission of all the documentary requirements, must pass the interview to be conducted by the Scholarship Committee.
9. Applications shall be considered for the 1st semester of the next academic year.
1. Fully accomplished Application Form and Return to Service Contract
2. Barangay Certificate
3. Certified true copy of High School Report Card or Transcript and Diploma
4. Certificate of Good Moral Character from school
5. Copy of latest Income Tax Return of all working immediate family members or any documents to prove income.
6. Recommendation from 2 prominent residents of the hometown excluding relatives of applicant to the third degree of consanguinity or affinity.
Full tuition fee for the first semester of the first academic year (renewable per semester upon compliance with scholar’s obligations).
For the succeeding semesters, scholars with a general weighted average of 1.0 to 1.75 (or its equivalent) will receive full tuition fee with Php 5,000.00 allowance per semester and those with 2.0 to 2.5 (or its equivalent) will receive full tuition fee with no allowance.
1. Must carry the regular academic load per semester required by the course
2. Must not shift to any other course or transfer to another school.
3. Must pass all subjects and maintain a general weighted average of at least 2.50.
4. Must submit schedules of payment, assessment form, registration form and receipts of tuition fee every semester per deadline set by the Scholarship Committee for liquidation purposes.
5. Must submit copy of class cards, transcript of grades or any valid proof of grades obtained in the previous semester per deadline set by the Scholarship Committee for qualification purposes.
6. Must finish the course within the prescribed curriculum period
7. Must inform the Scholarship Committee of other scholarship grant/s from any other institution or agency and must furnish proof of such grant.
8. Must shoulder all other expenses not covered by the scholarship grant
9. Must inform the Scholarship Committee in advance of any prerequisite summer class or classes outside of the regular semester and submit document/s certifying such prerequisite.
10.Must submit a copy of diploma or certificate of graduation upon completion of the degree or course and must render the required years of service (Return to Service Obligation).
One Semester = 3 months Return to Service
One Academic Year = 6 months
Two Academic Years = 1 year
Three Academic Years = 1 year 6 months
Four Academic Years = 2 years
11. Must not engage in illegal or immoral activities detrimental to the good name and reputation of Senator Edgardo J. Angara and his family, the READ Foundation and of the scholar and his / her family.
12. Must update the Scholarship Committee of any change in contact information (such as mobile number, landline number, address, email address, parent/s contact number, etc).
13. Must attend meetings set by the Scholarship Committee
PERLL 831-7937 (Telefax)